#187. I Know Where I'm Going!
- Year: 1945
- Country: Great Britain
- Language: English/Gaelic
- Production: The Archers, 92m B&W
- Director: Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger
- Producer: Powell & Pressburger, George R. Busby
- Screenplay: Powell & Pressburger
- Photography: Erwin Hillier
- Music: Allan Gray
- Cast: Wendy Hiller, Roger Livesey, Pamela Brown, Finlay Currie, George Carney
- Blog Club Rating: 7.0/10
Abridged Book Description
I Know Where I'm Going! stand tall as one of the most perfect of the run of delirious masterpieces made by the team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger in the 1940s... Aside from being the only filmmakers who could get away with naming a romantic hero "Torquil," Powell and Pressburger go against the cynical version of conniving, druken Scots islanders found in Ealing Studio's 1949 Whiskey Galore!, presenting a crew who are just as devious but working for good ends. Joan's urban toughness is quickly overwhelmed with lots of Celtic legendry involving the local whirlpool, which represents the Gods and allows for an exciting rescue-at-sea finale.